Thursday, September 18, 2008

Interesting culture

Mrs. Lambiase informed the class that there are 8.8 million gay/lesbians in the United States. Gay teens are 2-3x more likely to committ suicide. From the Project Runway video on designing for drag queens, it was funny and definitely provided entertainment. But it was crazy to me that these men called themselves women. My own opinion is that if a person is white, black, brown, pink, blue, polkdotted, or gay...you're still a person, with a heart and feelings and wants and needs. I have worked with many gay people, and they have been some of the most giving and sweetest people I have ever met, but I still don't agree with the lifestyle. I continue to learn how crazy this world really is! What we find entertaining, what we find acceptable, what we find fun and harmless. It's all very interesting and I look forward to learning more about this culture we call home.

No comments: