Thursday, September 18, 2008

Women in Media

This class has been very interesting for me because I have never realized how desensitized I am to the media. There has never been a time that I have flipped through a magazine or turned on the T.V., and not seen a woman being used for something whether it be to sell a product or listen to a certain type of music. It is absolutely insane! The example Mrs. Lambiase used about walking through New York City and seeing the gigantic poster of a naked woman with only shoes on is so true! We don't even notice or care anymore. To me, it is honestly very sad. People have lost respect for themselves and others. I looked through a magazine for BCBG and here are my following findings:

Out of the 13 pages, 9 were body shots displaying bare thighs and heavy cleavage, 1 displayed only legs in a short skirt, and the other 2 were seductive headshots.

It is completely true that we live in a sex-craving society, where most anything goes and sex sells.

No comments: